Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Ilona....she warms your soul

There are a few people that I admire and Ilona Royce Smithkin is one of them. 
94 year old Ilona treats life like a gift. 
She truly has fun with life and for people like me from the fashion industry, she is a muse. 


She is rocking the orange lashes and the blue eye shadows like a true star. 
Drinking a cup of green tea and watching her on youtube one day I had the idea to illustrate her. 
She was drinking tea in the video and had a blast talking about simple fashion, life, the little thinks that makes like so precious. 


"I greet every day as a gift because I don't know from day to day when I will be called today!"

If you are interested in a limited edition print, I will have soon one in the Etsy Shop

Enjoy and drink some tea! 





12 comments:

  1. Goodness, does she look amazing at 94! I would be elated to still look that young, vivacious and happy at 74. She really is a treasure and you've done an exquisite job of capturing her beauty and zest for life here in your illustrations, dear Lorena.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does! You should watch her videos!

      Delete
  2. Amazing inspiration and illustration!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspiration! your illustration is brilliant!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Blog you have here! perhaps we could follow each other? Follow me and I'll follow you back for sure :)

    xx
    http://tishaarnaldo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your illustration of her! You captured her well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire the way she live her life! Amazing sketch as well!
    Fabrizia – Cosa Mi Metto???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Fabrizia :) She is truly a wonder woman :)

      Delete

Let me hear it, drop it like it´s hot....