Monday, July 6, 2015

Relax.....

Stress is a vicious killer that sneaks up on you when you and it might be toooooooooooo late if you don;t step back and RELAX!

My way of stepping back are simple....

A day at a spa, 


Even if you don't go to a spa you can create a great spa atmosphere at home, with a few candles, a relaxing bath, calming music and a glass of wine! 
Give it a try ... you will feel amazing! 

Another tip is to dive into a great movie or book and leave the world behind for a while! 


Some people cook or bake to relax.... for me it;s not working. But what is working is working for me is to dive and sink deep into my lace creations....
I loose track of time and a peace comes over me..... specially creating original designs with my roots in mind Romanian Point Lace
Each stitch takes me back to simple Romania, simple roots, and relaxing way of life.
Working in silence and connecting to the past with a sense of remembering that tradition and work put into a piece that has been past on from generation to generation. 



It is relaxing to know that you can create something with your hands and pass  on.... so be creative! It will relax you and your mind! 

XOXO, 
Lorena 






3 comments:

  1. Very timely reminder, my dear. I just had a somewhat stressful weekend and have felt my anxiety levels rising since Tony left. I'm going to take things easy this week for the most part, especially since it's my b-day on Friday. Hopefully I'll feel more zen by this time next week.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had 3 massages in 3 months. I have been so busy with work, school and travel that I really need to slow down… maybe crocheting is a good option - in a silent place, which is so hard to come by!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear it, drop it like it´s hot....